Monday, April 19, 2010

Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground


No preamble, no extended introduction and no off-topic tangeants. Just me (Tommy) telling you (my four man strong readership) that this track is worth a listen.

It's called 'Crown on the Ground' by an artist called Sleigh Bells. I wouldn't know where to start trying to genre this beast so I just won't. There's any number websites where you read the comments of pedantic elitists arguing about it. I will say that it features Derek (formerly of Metalcore giants Poison the Well) and Alexis Krauss who you might know as a school teacher from Brooklyn. It's a departure from the easy listening/folk I've posted so far. A huge, over-amplified, distorted bass line and vocals reminiscent of MIA, Crown on the Ground would make for a gigantic club track.

Anyway, get onto it while you can still score some indie-cred and they're not a household name. They've not got a CD out or even an EP yet the Internet is still frothing at the mouth over them. I guess I can't disassociate myself from that since I'm writing about them this very second.

Enjoy.

Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground







(Best listened to loudly)

Sleigh Bells on Myspace

2 comments: