Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Valar

Valar were pitched to me as a combo between Radiohead and... I guess it was suggested that they just sound like Radiohead. I don't like Radiohead. I must be one of a kind if the Last.FM charts are to be believed. While older material may have somewhat, slightly, a little bit, maybe resembled Radiohead barely, the new tracks don't really have that vibe.

Valar pride themself on a cracking live show and an attention to production detail so it's worth taking the time to appreciate the solid ambience of their music. It's staggering that a three piece can produce music with this sort of weight. Listen, then go see them play. They're a Sydney band so chances are friends of friends are friends with them.

Here is the full five track EP for your aural pleasure. I recommend track two, Wolf I.

<a href="http://valar.bandcamp.com/album/we-have-a-home-among-the-trees">We So Need To Talk by Valar</a>

You can catch them on the 3rd of July at the Excelsior or on the 5th of July at the Annandale.

No comments:

Post a Comment